Saturday, August 14, 2010

Why I Don't Have Female Friends

Ya know - - I gotta say. When I was a little girl, I had quite a few friends. We played together, rode bicycles together, picked on the boys together. When I was a teenager I had quite a few friends. We had sleepovers, we went to the mall, yacked on the phone and liked boys together.
I did have an excellent friend. We met at a deli we worked together at. She was younger than me and life happened and we drifted apart.
Now, I am 37 years old and I have to say - I cannot find one woman that isn't self-serving, manipulative or dishonest.
What has prompted this rant is that a bunch of us were supposed to be going to Centralia tomorrow. The guys are going dirt trailing and I was going because it is supposed to be really awesome for sights and photography! :) Dawn (Joe's GF) was supposed to go because the guys said as women we should not go alone and I told her how much it would mean to me if she went. So - about a 1/2 hour ago Andy calls me and tells me Dawn has some "thing" to go to tomorrow and has to go school supply shopping and that she is not going. ??? Thanks for letting me know.
So now I am not going to Centralia. A trip that I have had my heart set on for about 2 months.
Oh, I'll ask her about why she didn't tell me that she wasn't going. She'll get defensive and turn it all around. *sigh*. W.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment