Sunday, April 10, 2011

Working On My First Writing Application

Yep. I am going to apply at www.about.com as a guide. I have a bit of experience in a few different genres that they are looking for writers in. It is a paying gig, so I am a littler nervous.

But the worst that could happen is that I get rejected and in getting rejected comes polishing my craft. I could always use polishing. Every writer can always use a little extra shine... :)

I can be impatient. But.. I am also tenacious... not sure if these are good or bad traits, but either way.. I am what I am and that's all that I am .. to quote Popeye.

I got a laptop today. This is going to make it much easier to get writing done. I do a lot of scribbling in a notebook, which I actually like for an absolute first draft. I am not sure if many writers still do that. I just find it easier to concentrate on my thought process when I am scribbling on paper. Once I get that rough draft down, I type it on the screen and that is where all the editing is done.
Right now I am writing for Suite101 and Technorati. These sites are great to write for. Technorati gets on my nerves a little with how we have to choose topics and there are times when the members of the group are not very forthcoming with the communication. But I have to let that go. you live... you learn.

I am reading a great book by Kristin Lamb called "We Are Not Alone - The Writers Guide To Social Media".. she writes in an amusing way. The book so far is packed with information on how to network. I am shy, so networking has never been my strongest suit. I am hoping this book will help so I do not have to go in search of some weird powder to sprinkle on my computer. Yea... I am not sure where I was going with that myself.

If there is anything you'd like me to cover on my Triumph Over Adversity site, let me know... I'd be happy to...

Until then... Have a great week and be nice to people!

No comments:

Post a Comment