Sunday, March 20, 2011

Digging Through The Family

Well, it has been a pretty hum drum week. Nothing spectacular in the way of work or day to day life. I did get accepted to Suite101.com as a writer.. I am very happy about that.

The apartment is coming together nicely as Andy and I prep for Lynn-Ann coming home. We are both very excited. My past led me down a dark path and I had to put her in Bucks County Youth Services. It has been almost five years now, but she is coming back. We are both very excited.

When I was little my mother used to take my sister and me to her Uncle Tommy's house. I guess he was my uncle too in a sense. He was a mean man. Bitter and vindictive he would always look for a way to get over on you and if he did you a favor, you owed him for life.
Uncle Tommy was nuts. I mean, anyone who names both of their sons Tommy has issues. All the Tommy's are dead now. Uncle Tommy died from lung cancer in the early eighties. My mother would take us to the house he lived in and she would clean the house while he lied in his hospital bed located in the dining room, barking orders through an oxygen tube as he puffed on a cigarette.
I'm not sure what fate befell the older Tommy, but I heard he died not long ago. The younger Tommy was a mean soul. He wound up leaving Pennsylvania to go to New York. He was a factory worker who headed a nasty biker gang called The Road Vultures based in Buffalo. Tommy was murdered by a rival gang member in front of his girlfriend and two year old son. He was twenty-four years old.
I emailed my mother about cousin Tommy. She told me he wasn't a nice person. I had read an article posted on a message board about him. He had pummeled a man's face in with his bare fists.
Mom was right. Tommy wasn't a nice person at all.
I am thankful I did not get a lot of that nasty gene. I do have a temper (I'm told it is the Italian in me), but I do my best to keep it in check.
I am very excited to find out these interesting tidbits about my family. Not something to be proud of, but still exciting.
Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment